- 4 large carrots
- 2 potatos
- a thumb size big piece of fresh ginger
- 5 dl vegetable or chicken bouillon
- 2,5 dl coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp garlic flavoured oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- chilli powder (optinal)
- peel the vegetables, cut the carrots and potatos in some big pieces
- peel and chopp the ginger into small pieces
- heat the oil in the pot and add ginger, cumin and coriander seeds, let them roast till you can smell the flavour of the spices (about half a minute)
- add in the chopped vegetable and cover them nearly up with the bouillon and some water, let the stew cook till the vegetables are soft
- give everything in a mixer
- put the puree back into the pot and pour in the coconut milk
- add salt, pepper, chilli to your taste and let it boil shortly once more
- You can find gluten free bouillon in the super market. Recently I also found fructose free chicken bouillon in a shop for special diet.
- To make the soup really smooth, give the puree through a food mill.
- If you want to spice up your soup, give in some nutmeg, curry powder or a pinch of cinnamon. Be creative.
- To present the soup nicely decorate it with some whipped cream or crème fraiche and some fresh herbs like parsley or coriander leaves.