- 300 gr sweet potatoes
- 700 gr floury/mealy potatoes
- 2.5-4 dl milk
- 50 gr butter
- nutmeg powder
- peel the potatoes and sweet potatoes, cut them in some big pieces
- give them in a pot and cover them with water, add some salt
- boil them till they are really soft
- drain the water and let them cool a little down. You will see that the potatoes will get a little lighter. That’s the starch.
- smash the potatoes, add butter, salt, pepper, nutmeg powder
- while stirring on low heat, slowly give in the warm milk, till it has the texture you like
- ready to eat.
- To smash the potatoes you have several options: a fork, a masher or a food mill. It depends on what you want. If you want to have some potato chunks in the mash go for one of the first two options. If you want to have a creamy purée take the food mill.
- Be aware: Never take the smoothie maker or something similar to that. The starch will make the potatoes slimy. The food is not nice.
- In case you have some left overs, you can fry the mashed potatoes with some butter. Yummy.