- 12 Tbsp sugar
- 5 dl milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 vanilla pod/bean
- put 10 Tbsp sugar with very little water in a pan. Let it caramelize, till it has this beautiful caramel colour. Be careful as darker the sugar gets, as bitterer it will taste.
- pour the caramel syrup in fire-proof crockery, where at least 1.2 liter liquid will find space
- add the milk, the vanilla pod and 2 Tbsp sugar in a pan, warm the mixture up till it is lukewarm
- put the two eggs in the bowl and stir them, till they have the double volume and are nice and fluffy
- while stirring, add slowly the milk (without vanilla pod) to the beaten eggs
- pour the mixture on top of the caramelized sugar in the fire-proof crockery , put it on the water filled tray in the cold! oven
- turn on the oven on 180°C let the mixture bake for about 45 minutes
- make the toothpick test: sting with a toothpick in the pudding, when nothing sticks at it, the pudding is done
- lett it cool down, put it in the fridge for a bout three hours
- don’t open the oven door in the first 40 minutes, otherwise the mixture will fall together
- what ever crockery you use, it has to have double space of the amount milk you use.