Ingredients (2 person)
- 1 big eggplant
- 125 gr mozzarella
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- some fresh thyme
- 1-2 Tsp sambal oelek
- 1-2 Tbsp mascarpone
- 250 gr pasta (what ever shape you like)
- 1 dl oil
- while you heat the water for the pasta, cut the eggplant and the mozzarella in small squares of about 1 cm, cut the tomatoes in half and then in quarters
- heat the oil in the pan, fry the eggplant till the pieces are nice brown
- put the eggplant on some paper towel, so the pieces will be less oily
- while the pasta is cooking, give the sambal oelek in the pan, add the fresh thyme, and the tomato pieces, fry it for a minute
- add the mascarpone, and 2-3 Tbsp of the water where the pasta is cooking in
- when the pasta is al dente, drain the water, and give the pasta into the pan with the tomatoes, the eggplant and the mozzarella (keep some eggplant and mozzarella pieces for decoration)
- mix everything. Give it in a plate, top it withe the eggplant and the mozzarella pieces. Here wo go.
- You can find gluten-free pasta in supermarkets and special stores. Some are made out of hundred percent cornmeal, which I prefer, some are mixed with rice flour. If you want to have good and cheap gluten-free pasta go for Barilla. If you are ready to pay a little more, then there is the Italian brand Asolane or the Suisse brand Avanti. Personally I wouldn’t recommend pasta from Schär, they taste very strange.
- Instead of normal mozzarella I used mozzarella from the buffalo. It is much creamier. You also can use burrata instead.
- Tomatoes are a special case: some people with fodmap can’t eat them, others have no problem. But I guess you know, what you can eat.