Ingredients (for five people)
- 200 gr dark chocolate
- 2 fresh eggs
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 250 ml cream
- 1/4 Tsp mix of cardamom powder, cinnamon powder, clove powder
- 1/4 Tsp spice mixture called “Alles Liebe” from Sonnentor
- some salt
- optional: 2-3 Tbsp cognac, whiskey, cherry brandy or something similar
- melt the chocolate with a little water, when done add the optional alcohol to it
- while melting the chocolate, separate the two eggs. Whip the egg white with some salt till very stiff. Put it into the fridge.
- whip the cream just a little more than for direct use. Attention, don’t make clotted cream or butter! Put the whipped cream into the fridge.
- beat the two egg yolks with the sugar, till the colour gets lighter
- add slowly the melted chocolate to the egg yolk sugar mixture. The chocolate shouldn’t be too hot, otherwise the egg will coagulate
- add the spices and the whipped cream and mix well
- add slowly the whipped egg white. Stir it gentle under but not too hard, otherwise the mousse won’t be fluffy.
- give the mousse in a nice a bowl or in five one portion glasses and put the mousse for at least 4 hours into the fridge before serving
- if the chocolate is not totally melted and there are still some real small pieces, never mind, it makes the mousse more interesting
- for decoration add some of the spice “Alles Liebe” over it
- you can prepare the mousse au chocolate easily a day in advance, so when you have guests for dinner, no stress with the dessert
- serve the mousse with fruits, strawberry and oranges go very well