- 4 oranges
- 2 dates
- 3 Tbsp raisin
- small piece of ginger (1 cm)
- pinch of cinnamon powder
- pinch of clove powder
- 1 Tbsp marple sirup
- 1 Tbsp sirup “Puris Sirup Goldregen Engel”
- optional: 1 Tbsp brown rum
- fillet the oranges, cut them into small pieces and keep as much juice as possible, put everthing in a bowl
- divide the dates, take the stone out and cut the dates in small stripes and add them to the orange pieces
- give in the dry raisins
- cut the ginger in very small pieces and add them to the bowl
- add the spices and the liquids, mix everything well
- wait at least a hour before serving, so that the flavour can develope and the raisins get soaked
- If you don’t find the sirup, take one Tbsp more of the maple sirup add a little more cinnamon and clove powder and give some extra cardamon powder, that should do it.
- The orange salad should be fructose free, but it depends according to which book you cook. But I guess you know best, what you can eat.
- The salad goes very well with the mousse au chocolat or some home made cookies.
- Make the salad in the morning when you have guests in the evening. Less stress in the kitchen.
- Orange salad a good way to start the day.