- 6 eggs
- 200 gr butter
- 200 gr sugar
- 200 gr grated poppy-seeds
- a pinch of salt
- optinonal: chocolate icing
- separte the egg white and egg yolk and whip the egg white with a pinch of salt very stiff.
- beat the egg yolk with the sugar and the soft butter till creamy
- add the grated poppy-seeds
- slowly mix the stiff egg white under the dough
- give the dough in a greased cake tin and bake it for about 60 minutes on 150°C
- optional: let it cool down and decorate it with chocolate icing
- Serve the cake the Austrian way with some whipped cream – very delicious.
- The cake tastes even better on the second day.
- The dough above is for a cake tin with 18cm diameter, for 24cm diameter you should take the ingredients calculated on 9 eggs.