- 250 gr butter
- 350 gr dark chocolate
- 400 gr sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 250 gr flour
- 300 gr walnuts roughly chopped
- two pinch of salt
- give the butter and the chocolate in a pot and slowly melt them on low heat, till liquid
- take the pot from the fire, add the sugar and mix it
- test if mixture is not too hot, then add the eggs, give it a good stir
- then add salt, vanilla sugar and the flour, mix again
- last, add the roughly chopped walnuts, mix everything
- put the dough in a good greased cake tin and give the tray into the pre-heated oven on 180° C for about 40 minutes, make the toothpick text
- let it cool down, then cut it into squares
- for a fodmap or gluten-free diet, take gluten-free flour it works perfect, and nobody will taste the difference
- for a lactose free diet, take lactose free butter
- if you serve the cake when still warm, cut the pieces a little bit bigger and serve it as a warm chocolate cake. Don’t forget the ice cream (vanilla, straciatella or walnut flavour) and the whipped cream, they just match perfectly to it.
- If you are in no rush, let the cake cool down totally, if possible even over night , it’s then easier to cut nice squares.
- the ingredients are calculated for a cake tin size 24*30cm
- you can easely freeze the brownies, so each time you have unexpected guests you can defrost them in 20 minutes and can serve fresh home made cookies. I always have some for emergency reasons in my freezer.