- 5 eggs
- 200 gr sugar
- 300 gr carrots finely grated
- 250 gr grated almonds
- 1 lemon (juice and skin)
- 80 gr gluten-free flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 Tsp a mix of cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, nutmeg
- 1-2 Tbsp vegetable oil
for the icing (optional):
- 200 gr icing sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp Kirsch (cherry schnapps)
- marzipan carrots
- the spice “Alles Liebe” from Sonnentor
- separate the egg white and the egg yolk, beat the egg white with some salt very stiff and put it into the fridge
- mix the egg yolk and sugar till creamy add the finely grated carrots, the almonds and the juice and the grated skin of the lemon. Give it a good mix.
- add the flour and the baking powder and mix again.
- slowly pull the egg white under the dough
- give the dough into a cake tin greased with the vegetable oil
- bake it 40-45 minutes on 180 degrees. Make the toothpick test: sting with the toothpick into the cake when no dough is sticking, the cake is done.
- let it cool down
- when cold, mix the icing sugar with some Kirsch till it nearly has the consistence of syrup
- pour it over the cake, before total try, put some of the spice “Alles Liebe” and the marzipan carrots as decoration on it
- if you don’t like the sticky icing just simple put some icing sugar on top of it.
- the quantity above is for a cake tin of 24 cm diameter
- in case you have guests, you can prepare the cake one day in advance, it won’t dry out