Ingredients (serves 12)
- 10 dl cream
- 2 dl milk
- 150 gr sugar
- 1 vanilla pod/bean
- some vanilla essence
- 7,5 gelatine leaves
- split the vanilla pod lengthways, scrape the seeds out
- mix cream, milk, sugar, vanilla seeds and the vanilla essence add the opened vanilla pod
- cook everything on low fire and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes. The liquid has to reduce at least 10%
- soak the gelatine leaves in a little cold water until soft and then squeeze the water out of the gelatine leaves
- give the soft gelatine leaves in a small pot, and add some of the hot milk mixture. Stir until the gelatine has dissolved.
- strain the gelatine milk mixture, to be sure there are no lumps
- put both milk mixtures together and give a good stir
- pour the mixture into your forms and give them into the fridge for at least 5 hours
- You can easily use lactose free products, when you need a special diet
- If you have guests you can prepare the panna cotta a day before. Keep it till you serve it in the fridge.
- You can serve the panna cotta the classic way with strawberry or raspberry sauce. But it also goes well with mango or passion fruits. Be creative.