for the raspberry jelly
- 250 gr frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 sheets gelatin
- 1-2 tsp rose water
for the dough
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp water
- a pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp gluten free flour
- 2 tbsp starch (corn starch or rice starch )
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 g frozen raspberries
for the chocolate mousse
- 250 ml cream (lactose free)
- 80 ml milk (lactose free)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1,5 sheet gelatin
- 150 dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp cherry brandy
- pinch of cardamom powder
- pinch of the spice “Alles Liebe” from Sonnentor
for the decoration (optional)
- chocolate chips
- chocolate powder
- Start with the jelly: take the raspberries give them in a pot on low fire, defrost them, and then strain them. Add the sugar to it and the in water swelled gelatin sheets. Mix well. At the end add the rose water.
- Pour the raspberry liquid in a small bowl, covered with plastic wrap. Add the bowl in the freezer for about 4 hours.
- Make the dough: separate the eggs. Beat the egg white with some water and salt and slowly add the sugar to it. When stiff slowly add the egg yolk, after that add the sifted flour, starch baking powder mixture mix everything gently together.
- Add the mixture in a cake pan (18-20 cm diameter) add the frozen raspberries on top of it. Put the cake pan in the oven 150°C for about 25 minutes.
- For the chocolate: heat the milk, break the chocolate in small pieces and melt in the milk, add the end add the swelled gelatin sheet, cherry brandy and the spices. Let the mixture cool down in the fridge for about 20 minutes. Give it a stir from time to time
- Whip the cream with the sugar and add it to the cold chocolate mix.
- put the cake together: take the cooled down baked pastry, put a ring and baking paper around it, add slowly the frozen jelly in the middle, fill the rest up with the chocolate mousse. Let the cake cool down in the fridge for another 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Decoration: take fresh raspberries, chocolate powder and chocolate chips and put it nicely on the cake.
- Yummy, enjoy it.
- prepare the cake one day in advance, so you have no stress when your guests are coming and they will be nicely surprised how you managed to create this cake
- instead of raspberry you also can take strawberries or any other kind of berries you like
- instead of using cherry brandy in the chocolate mousse you could use raspberry brandy in the jelly, or even rum
- an other nice decoration idea fill the raspberries with some liquid chocolate with some rose water, take some chocolate pieces and put them on some whipped cream on top of the cake.
- and instead of a white dough, make a brown one. Use one big tbsp of chocolate powder and instead of frozen raspberry use chocolate drops.